Following a flood of requests from musos about how to be featured on SABC1's LIVE
- we've been in touch with the show to find out everything you need to know about having music videos featured, as well as in-studio performances. How to get seen and heard:For music videos:
the show requires artists to drop-off music videos at the Urban Brew Studios in Jozi (see details below).
Videos need to be clearly marked with all the relevant information about the artist i.e. artist name, contact numbers, record company (if applicable), contact person etc. To be considered for the LIVE performance stage:
you can drop-off a CD with your music. When doing so, you need to make sure that you clearly mark the single you are pushing to make it easy for the show's team to know which single to listen to.
If the track is currently getting airtime on radio, please include information on all these details too - especially if you're a new artist.
With new artists who have not been on radio, the show has a qualified team of producers who make the decision on whether the track is hot enough to merit a live performance in studio, as the performance slot is reserved for the hottest artist’s and music. The address to deliver videos and music to:
Urban Brew Studios
The show prefers videos and music to be hand delivered by the artists but if you aren't based in Jozi and don't have anyone who can drop-off for you, you can send the show your videos and music via direct/door-to-door courier.
They musn't be mailed by post to ensure that they're delivered directly to the studio.
You can courier videos and music to the same adress.The show's selection criteria for videos is based on the following:
- The video needs to be shot on at least a 3CCD Camera.
- Audio for Beta must be stereo.
- Audio levels must not exceed 0db.
- Audio for DV must be stereo.
- Audio levels must not exceed -12db.
- Videos need to be graded.
- Videos must not contain any offensive material (sexual scenes, swearing etc).
- Make sure the video is not strobing.
- Videos need to be good quality.
Kindly bear in mind that if an artist's video does not meet the necessary requirements and standards, the show won't be able to broadcast it.
And that's it. If you're submitting - we hope to see you on air!
PS: As previously reported
on TVSA, LIVE will be going through presenter changes soon. Season 9 was scheduled to end mid-February but will continue indefinitely until the new Season 10 premieres - date still to be confirmed.