SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE
SIGN IN SEARCH MENU
SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE

The Affair Season 4: back to its raunchy self

Tashi
07 Aug 2018 16:42 Posted in The Affair

Confirmed: The Affair 4 premieres on M-Net this month - on Wednesday, 22 August at 22h00.

You'll be pleased to know that it's back to its lusty self this season with lotsa 'gasmic action. Last season was a lot more tame than previous seasons... looking back makes me feel as if it was all about Alison's many problems so it's a welcome refresh to have everyone bonking again.

Timone
18 Oct 2018 15:47

LOL! I've been recording it without watching.  I hope I find time to binge watch it this weekend. Noah and his escapades.

Tashi
18 Oct 2018 18:12

You're in for a LOT of surprises - and shockers, espesh towards the end of the season. We'll meet back here once you've watched and freaked.

Timone
19 Oct 2018 11:46

Ooooooohhh!! Looking forward to it!

Timone
04 Nov 2018 19:17

Finished it today, what phucked up situations for everyone! My heart broke for Cole and Allison, of what could have, might have been. Feel terrible for Vik and the child he will not be around for. I have a feeling Noah and Helen will reconcile. And what was the point of starting the Noah and the principal romance and then leave it hanging? Or the writers just wouldn’t have an entire season without Noah having at least one sex scene? Such a depressing ending. 

Tashi
06 Nov 2018 23:06

>>Or the writers just wouldn’t have an entire season without Noah having at least one sex scene?<<

Probs!

You're not alone in feeling iffy about the ending - Ruth Wilson (Alison) is too. While the season was airing in America she said she wanted Alison to walk off into the sunset with her child and without a man.

She also confirmed it was her decision to leave and said she wasn't allowed to say why. Some TV shows and publications speculated that it's because she was unhappy that she wasn't getting paid the same as Dominic West (Noah) - she spoke about it publicly - but said that she'd never complained about the issue to Showtime.

Of course Showtime said her character had run its course.

Here are some links to articles about it:

Ruth Wilson says she's "Not Allowed" to talk about why she left The Affair - this has a video of her speaking in her Proper accent.

Ruth Wilson says there's a much bigger story about why she left The Affair

It's pathetic that she can't say why - so full of censorship and untransparency. We've put hours and hours into Alison's story - we deserve to know why the actress who plays her wanted to leave.

Timone
08 Nov 2018 16:14

Ja we deserve to know!! Thanks for the links, will definitely read up.  It really is unfortunate though.

Tashi
10 Nov 2018 12:46

So this is how they're gonna deal with the future... a release from M-Net and Showtime:

Oscar and Golden Globe Award winner Anna Paquin (True Blood) has signed on as a series regular for the fifth and final season of The Affair in 2019.

Paquin will play a pivotal role as Alison and Cole’s now adult daughter Joanie Lockhart, who returns some years in the future to a climate-change ravaged Montauk to piece together the truth about what happened to her mother, bringing the whole story full circle . 

Currently in production, the series explores the emotional and psychological effects of an affair that destroyed two marriages, and the crime that brings these individuals back together.

Season four found Noah (Golden Globe nominee Dominic West), Helen (Golden Globe winner Maura Tierney), Alison (Golden Globe winner Ruth Wilson) and Cole (Screen Actors Guild Award nominee Joshua Jackson) in their own orbits, alienated from each other, spinning further and further away from where they all began.

Season five will chronicle the aftermath of the season finale’s horrific events and find the characters coming to terms with the consequences of their choices - as they make the realization that if they really want to change their futures, they must first face the past.

This final season is about how everything does really fall apart in the end, but somewhere in that wreckage, the seeds of change finally sprout.

In addition to West and Tierney, the season five series regulars include Julia Goldani Telles and Jadon Sand as Noah and Helen’s children, Whitney and Trevor Solloway; and Sanaa Lathan, as Janelle, Noah’s love interest.

Previously announced guest star Claes Bang (The Girl in the Spider’s Web) will play Sasha Mann, a charismatic movie star and love interest for Helen.

Emily Browning, Omar Metwally, Russell Hornsby, John Doman, Kathleen Chalfant, Max Fowler, Abigail Dylan Harrison and Jake Siciliano will also guest star.

Timone
22 Nov 2018 10:26

Eish I dont know about this. So there should be a time lapse of about 18 years between seasons 4 and 5 and  everyone is supposed to be about 18 years older in season 5.....   Also the probability that Noah will still be with the principal 18 years down the line. I really dont know about this but thanks Tashi!

vigrodeepsa
23 May 2020 11:01

Did this series end or did they discontinue it?

Vigro Deep

Only TVSA members can reply to this thread. Click here to login or register.

LATEST ARTICLES

Game of Lies Teasers - April 2024

Series finale! The rescue attempt gets underway before a final reckoning.

Gqeberha: The Empire 2 Teasers - April 2024

The Mxenge Hotel turns into a whodunnit. A gunshot. Murder. In which room and by who?

The Wife 3 Teasers - April 2024

Naledi’s sex tape sees the spotlight again and catches her in the headlights.

Skerpioen Teasers - April 2024

A torched boat, poison in wine and youthful memories die when Ferda tries to kill Ahmet.

Imlie Teasers - April 2024

Imlie takes Ashu to the hospital when he falls ill, but kidnappers attempt to abduct him.

My Desire Teasers - April 2024

Kaashvi clears her name and reports Pradyumna's bribery attempt to the police.

New on TV today: Thursday 28 March 2024

Season 2 of Dam premieres on M-Net and Grey's Anatomy 20 drops on Disney+.

Hlomla Dandala confirmed to debut as Caesar on Smoke & Mirrors Season 2

The past collides with soon in the latest on Hlomla's whereabouts.

Smoke & Mirrors Teasers - April 2024

Season 1 finale and crossover alert! Caesar takes Thandiswa to the House of Zwide for her wedding dress.

Smoke & Mirrors 2 Teasers - April 2024

Season 2 premiere! Caesar's dark suspicions unravel as he demands the truth from Thandiswa.

LATEST SITE ACTIVITY

More activity at TVSA Central

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

You browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.