for bachelorettes for the second season of The Bachelor South Africa were supposed to close last week but they've been extended to Friday, 6 September.
My first thought when I heard is that it's probably because bachelorettes are too scared to enter in case they end up with another love loser Lee Thompson
It's crazy that M-Net's chosen to stick with the format instead of doing a Bachelorette so the only way to save the show in Season 2 is if they cast a bachelor who's radically different from Season 1.
What should the Season 2 Bachelor be like? If I was the series casting director I'd be looking for someone who...
1. Genuinely wants to find love - or a meaningful relationship at the very least. Obvs. This is a no-brainer and yet it was blatantly lacking in Season 1.
2. Spends more time trying to connect with women than they do working out at gym i.e. NO stunt castings of schmodels.
3. Is more interesting with their top on than they are with it off (ditto stunt castings).
4. Musn't look like they eat McDonald's every night when they do take their top off.
5. Has a sense of humour and makes people laugh.
6. Must prefer the company of the bachelorettes on the show as opposed to the company of host Jason Greer
7. Has a successful career in a non-entertainment profession.
8. No cheese!!
9. Doesn't have to love everyone's mothers (preferably not actually) but must have a kindness to him.
10. Must ALWAYS take the side of the woman they're most interested in at any given moment.
I could honestly go on and on but I won't... I'll leave it up to you. What would you look for if you were doing the casting?