eNCA is looking for an Afrikaans speaking, Cape Town based meteorologist to anchor the weather on the channel.
Reporting to the HOD: Weather, your
key performance areas will include:
- Analyse meteorological data to determine weather forecasts for television and digital platforms for eNCA and media partners, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data
- Create weather and science related graphics
- Present live and pre-recorded weather reports, and perform interviews for eNCA television and digital, and its media partners
- Compile and edit special weather or science related reports and stories
- Contribute to and compile/edit special weather or science related reports
- Interface with the technology at your disposal and assist in maximising its potential
- Cover breaking weather events live and in social media
- Perform interviews
- Write blogs and record video blogs for eNCA.com
- Educate through public interaction and/or events
- A Degree in the field of Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences or related fields
- An excellent command of the Afrikaans language
- Weather forecasting experience
- Confidence in public speaking
- Willingness to work shifts
- An understanding of computer editing/animation software (Photoshop, After Effects, Cinema 4D, FinalCut Pro) is a plus
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
If you have these criteria and qualifications, you can send your Application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the minimum requirements, as well as submission of complete documentation as mentioned above.
If you haven't received a response within 14 days after the closing of the advert, you will know that your application hasn't been successful.
Closing date: 15 August 2016