Updated on Monday, 19 October 2020
Please note that the premiere of My Identity has been delayed on Star Life because of Covid impacting the production.
The tentative premiere date is now December 2020.
We'll keep you posted.
In the meantime, we've let the original article on it exactly as it was.
Star Life's new novela My Identity premieres on the channel in October, replacing Geet, which ends on Thursday, 15 October.
It was originally scheduled to start in May but was delayed with the COVID shutdowns.
It now premieres immediately after Geet ends, on Friday, 16 October at 20h00, with two new episodes nightly.
The lowdown in five:
1. It tells the story of Avni, a child who is forced to overcome dangerous obstacles created by her grandmother Dayawanti.
2. It's inspired by the 1998 film Zakhm, which was based on the life of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, who produced and directed the movie.
He directs on the series too.
3. In the series, Avni's father is a famous film director Ashish Mehta.
4. Ashish has to meet Avni and her mother Asha in secret because his mother Dayawanti is a deeply religious Hindu woman and Avni's mother is Muslim.
Dayawanti disapproves of the relationship bigtime and regards Avni as illegitimate.
Ashish annoyingly allows this to matter.
5. As the action unfolds, the series plays around time e.g. it fast forwards by 15 years, still following Avni with the addition of her love interest Neil.
Together they grapple the harsh realities of life.
The show's original Hindi title is Naamkarann.
||Reema Lagoo/Ragini Shahas
(Reema died of a heart attack while filming the series and Ragini took over the role.)