Ama Qamata and Thabang Molaba behind-the-scenes
Blood & Water, the second South African series to be commissioned by Netflix, has gone into production for its 2020 premiere and the cast has been confirmed.
! If you missed the memo about the show, tap here: SA talent goes global in new Netflix Original series Blood & Water
The cast members are:
Ama Qamata (Rhythm City, My Perfect Family) as Puleng Khumalo
: the 16-year-old lead character who investigates the disappearance of her older sister who was kidnapped at birth.
Thabang Molaba (The Queen, Diamond City, Ring of Lies) as Karabo ‘KB’ Molapo
: resident bad boy and high school heart-throb who struggles to live up to his father's high expectations.
Newcomer Khosi Ngema as Fikile “Fiks’’ Bhele
: an alluring private school girl who Puleng meets in her investigations.
Dillon Windvogel (Arendsvlei) as Wade
, Puleng's ally and assistant investigator.
Natasha Thahane (Skeem Saam, The Queen, Saints & Sinners) as Wendy Dlamini:
described as opinionated and a bit too "woke".
- Gail Mabalane (Rockville, The Wild)
- Sello Maake Ka-Ncube (The Queen, Scandal!, The River)
- Arno Greeff (Binnelanders, Getroud met Rugby)
- Ryle De Momy (Top Billing Presenter Search winner)
- Getmore Sithole (Rhythm City, The Wild, Ashes to Ashes)
- Xolile Tshabala (Generations, High Rollers, Ingozi)
- Monique Rockman (Nommer 37, Sara se Geheim, Die Spreeus)
- Sandi Schultz (Binnelanders, Die Spreeus, Hotel) and,
- Cindy Malhangu (The Herd, The Queen).