Blast to the past: Could you be the SABC's next Simon Gear?
SABC News is on a search for weather anchors to present the weather on the SABC's multiple bulletins.
They're looking for presenters in all 11 official languages:
This is what you'll need to do:
1. Present weather reports live,
2. Interpret the weather maps for audiences,
3. Alert and warn viewers about severe weather conditions,
4. Do live interviews with fellow presenters.
These are the minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate qualification in journalism, media studies or a related field,
- A Meteorology or Geography degree is an advantage,
- You need a good command of your first language,
- Good TV presenting skills, and
- A general knowledge of weather conditions/patterns.
How to apply
You need to send your application with a concise CV to the Human Resources Manager of News on this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't get any response within six weeks of the closing date, it means that your application hasn't successful.
Closing date: Tuesday, 18 June 2019