2018 marks the centenary of Nelson Mandela: the year he would have turned 100.
To tribute the occassion, e.tv is on a search for documentaries that capture the essence of Madiba.
The channel is looking for documentries by independent producers from across the country about a dynamic person or group that capture the Madiba spirit.
These are the finer details:
The documentary should tell the story of a dynamic and inspirational person or people from your region who represents what Madiba means to you. The story must hold appeal for a national audience.
Eligible Provinces: This invitation is restricted to producers who operate in the Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape or North West.
Slot: Sunday at 6:30PM prime time but the documentary must be suitable for early prime time and daytime viewing too.
Language breakdown: At least 15% of the dialogue must be in languages other than English, which are unique to the province.
Length: 23 minutes
Budget: R190 800.00
- A detailed treatment of the proposed documentary;
- A description of the locations where the documentary is to be shot and the names of individuals to be interviewed;
- Proposed name/s of the presenter or commentator, if any;
- Production budget incorporating a detailed description on personnel, equipment and resource requirements;
- Information which confirms that the key personnel working on the documentary are based in the province concerned.
Production company requirements:
- e.tv will accept programme proposals only from South African production companies which have a registered business address in the province concerned.
- The Production company must provide proof of previous productions completed.
- All programme proposals from production companies must include the following information:
- Name, address and telephone numbers of person representing the company for purposes of the proposal.
- Name and registration number of the production company.
- Registered address of company.
- Names, race and gender of shareholders of production company.
- Names, race and gender of directors of production company.
- Names, race and gender of senior personnel at the production company and their positions.
- Details of training initiatives engaged in by the production company over the past 12 months
- Showreel of previously produced content; and
- A copy of the company’s BEE verification certificate.
You can submit your proposal and accompanying documentation to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 18 August 2017 at 17h00
NB - if you don't receive feedback on your submission from e.tv by 5PM on 31 August 2017, it means that your application wasn't successful.
Terms and conditions
Submission of the proposals is based on the unconditional acceptance by the producer of the terms and conditions in this invitation.
e.tv may, at any time prior to the closing date for the submission of the proposals, inform interested persons of an amendment to this document.
The documents requested and information sought (as set out above) must be provided. Failure to furnish all required information or documentation or the furnishing of any false or misleading statement or document may disqualify the proposal.
All costs incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals must be carried by the producer concerned. e.tv will under no circumstances be liable for these costs.
e.tv’s decision concerning the commissioning of programme proposals is final.
e.tv is under no obligation to provide feedback on particular proposals and will not enter into any correspondence on the proposals.
Producers who supply material or tapes do so at their own risk. Owing to the administration involved, e.tv will not return to producers any material or tapes submitted to it in terms of this invitation.