e.tv is looking to hire a senior scheduler to organise the schedules across e's channels. The position is for e.tv's Cape Town office.
Reporting to the Manager of Programme Scheduling, the job profile includes:
· Compile, schedule and implement the linear and/or non-linear schedules across multiple platforms and channels in accordance with the channel(s) requirements, ensuring adherence to contractual requirements.
· Applying programme changes to the schedule and advising relevant departments of changes.
· Creating programme versions, short titles and format
· Creating and analyzing break patterns for implementation across channel plans and platforms.
· Quality checking the final monthly schedules across channels for accuracy
· Assist with daily queries across channels and escalating outstanding issues to Supervisor: Programme Scheduling
· Assist with additional programme scheduling in the absence of available programme scheduler(s).
· Assessing contracts for regulatory compliance following the implementation of the programme schedule.
· Reconciliation and reporting of As Run, TX Reports and Playlists post transmission
· Play a supportive role to the Supervisor: Programme Scheduling
· Liaising with CTS, Media Management and Presentations regarding outstanding material and retiming of programmes/movies across channels
· Liaising with relevant departments on any weekly and daily discrepancies to schedule(s).
· Liaising with internal and external departments for any programming discrepancies.
· Observing, reporting and communicating all discrepancies to channel schedules timeously.
· Communicating all programme changes to internal and/or external departments including Multichoice and Platco in a clear and accurate manner
· Responding and assisting with ad-hoc queries and tasks
· Monitoring all material discrepancies across channels.
· Monitor the transferring of the Programme Schedule for all channels
· Monitor the scheduling process across channels, ensuing implementation rules have been adhered to and all information is accurate and up to date.
· Scrutiny of the accuracy of channel plans monthly prior to company release
· Observe the daily operations of the Programme Scheduling Department, to ensure rollout milestones are being reached.
· Assess the accuracy of departmental reports and communicate discrepancies for rectification
· Monitoring all material and contract deliveries for implementation to released schedules
· Compile and review departmental reports for submission to the Supervisor: Programme Scheduling and Manager: Programme Scheduling
· Series reporting on outstanding classifications
· Assisting with the compilation and maintenance of channel Standard Operating Procedures
· Scrutinize irregularities in programming errors and compile reports on findings
· Submitting final programme schedules in Public Folders and ensuring that their accuracy is maintained
· Assisting with inventory exercises and reporting
5. Staff Management
· Assist with training staff as required
· Overseeing the implementation of schedules and monitoring report compilations
· Monitor the daily and weekly operations of the department, ensuing tasks are being adhered to through prioritization.
· Discussing possible staff issues with the Supervisor: Programme Scheduling
· Assisting with the orientation and induction of new employees
· Motivating staff through coaching and training
· Consistently identify, prioritize and deal with incidents in a timely and professional manner
· Load contracts if/when required
· Monitoring contractual information for licence periods, number of runs and durations
· Matric, diploma or degree in relevant field preferable (e.g. marketing, film and television, administration, legal)
· Business English
· Minimum 3 years’ broadcasting experience in a Programme Scheduling role
· Experience in the operating workflow of a broadcast management system advantageous (BTS)
· Broad understanding of the broadcasting industry and operational requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing on all levels
· Strong leadership abilities
· High level of accuracy
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Thorough Microsoft Excel experience
· Analytical and quick thinker
· Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively under pressure in a team environment
· Must be well organized
· Must be able to work independently
· Ability to interpret contractual agreements
If you meet the minimum requirements for the position, you can send your Application Form together with your CV, certified copies of your ID and qualifications, to email@example.com
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the minimum requirements, as well as submission of complete documentation.
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, it means that your application was not successful.
21 March 2017