Hush-hush-hush. Silence the talk! And don't let him near.
This is what Nkunzi (Masoja Msiza) needs to do from tonight (Thursday 6 August) when Police Officer Yamkela Mpambani arrives, played by Jet Novuka who now calls himself Sir.
This is the intel on Yamkela from the Uzalo writers:
1. He's a criminal's nightmare.
In other words, he's the badge we need in real life! This is emphasised by...
2. He wants to get rid of organised crime in KwaMashu and wants to rebuild the community's trust in the police.
3. He hides a silent resentment towards the justice system because he feels it doesn’t care for those who deserve true justice.
This means that he finds himself in situations where he tolerates his superiors because he has to, but not because he really respects them. He often feels they don't earn their positions.
4. He doesn't get much sleep.
He's infiltrated powerful criminals, corrupt politicians and notorious gangsters in the past so he has to sleep with one eye open in case they come after him for revenge.
He’s the leader of a tactical police special force called The Blue Gang whose number one goal is to go after criminals.
5. He's ambitious and wants to become a station commander.
6. On the relationship-front, he's got a flaw: he's been married but he's divorced because of cheating on his wife.
7. He likes to be in charge in his relationships but also likes women to challenge him.
8. He has a ruthless streak and is prepared to use it to bring the criminals of KwaMashu under control.
9. He instils great loyalty in people.
10. Sneak peek alert! Nkunzi and a future new character called Umbutho are Public Enemy No. 1 to him.
How will you feel about him when you meet?