SABC2's 50/50 returns for Season 10 tonight (8 June) at 19h00, with a new host: environmental passionista and TV presenter Kia Johnson.
Also new this season: a youth segment.
The series is looking for videos for this segment by environmental warriors aged between 11 and 18.
What does the show want?
The show wants to know what you've been doing for our planet during lockdown. And no, you don't need to be Greta Thunberg who makes flashy headlines all over the world.
Your contribution can be anything e.g. fixing a leaky tap, planting an indigenous tree or vegetables, turning bottles into art or learning about an environmental issue that's important to you.
How to apply
You need to create a video that either shows you:
- doing an environmental task,
- talking about what you've learnt in your environmental studies,
- sharing an opinion on environmental issues,
- you could include all three of the above.
You can send your video to 50/50 via e-mail on this address: email@example.com
You can also WeTransfer it via e-mail if it's too big.
The best videos will be featured on the show and on 50/50s social media pages.
You'll be able to catch some examples of videos on the show.
But wait... there's important stuff you need to know...
You have to be between the ages of 11 and 18.
These are some tips for your vid:
- It should be approximately 1-minute long,
- Make sure it's in landscape format (not portrait),
- You can ask your parents or someone else in lockdown with you to take the video of you,
- Record at HD 1080x1920. (You'll find this option under your video settings on your phone),
- Try to film it when it's light so the video is as clear as possible,
- Start your video by saying “Hi, my name is xxxxxx and I’m xx years old. During lockdown I……. (and then go ahead and tell or show what you’ve been doing.)
Oh yes, and... THIS is important... the Ts&Cs
The show will need your parents permission to feature your video on the show and on social media.
Your parents or guardians need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
saying the following:
I hereby give permission for 50/50 environmental show to use the video and screen grabs of my child (ADD NAME), on the 50/50 broadcast show and 50/50 social media platforms.
Parent/Guardian’s ID Number:
Parent/Guardian’s Phone Number:
Deadline date: 31 October 2020.
And that's it. We look forward to seeing what you've been up to. If you haven't done anything yet, find something to do and go for it!