Seven years later and Muzi Mthabela's character Duma exits Isibaya stage left.
NOT breaking news considering the regular exit of cast members since the start of this year. #SideEye Jessica Nkosi, Menzi Ngubane and Nomzamo Mbatha.
Duma's gone from being a hitman thug for the Ndlovus to becoming a powerful man in the valley and now he's...?
... on to a lead role on another show.
Mzansi Magic's been hush-hush about what the role is, but what we do know is that it's also by Bomb, producers of Isibaya.
Muzi and Bomb have been tight over the eight seasons of Isibaya because Muzi also works backstage, editing the show's final footage.
As you may or may not know, he's also an editor by profession, editing on Isibaya and SABC1's drama series Bone of my Bones. He's so involved with this that he was nominated for a SAFTA for editing Isibaya in 2017.
And it seems he's going to be in Bomb's new epic drama series Shaka ILembe, the re-telling of the story of King Shaka, which they've been working on for years.
We're convinced of this for these 5 reasons:
1. Mzansi Magic tell us he's definitely playing a lead role on his new project.
2. Desiree Markgraaff of Bomb Productions has this to say: "Our relationship with Muzi doesn’t end now that he is leaving Isibaya, Muzi is and will always be a member of the Bomb production family,".
3. His name has been whispered as being attached to the project.
4. He was born in KwaZulu-Natal.
5. There are multiple lead characters for him to play including Shaka himself, Dingiswayo and Zwide, seen at various stages and ages of their lives.
We bet our flatscreens on it.
Howz about you?
Updated at 18h00:
According to entertainment commentator Phil Mphela he's going to Imbewu - to replace Tony Kgoroge, who replaced Mpumelelo Bhulose in a role that just keeps giving different actors employment:
So which show is it? Shaka or Imbewu? We predict both!