24-hour news channel eNCA is looking to hire a content producer to join the channel's Johannesburg bureau.
These are the job details, with info. on how to apply at the end:
Reporting to the Head of Output, eNCA, your Key Performance Areas will include:
• To produce creative and compelling content for the channel.
• Plan the Saturday and Sunday morning weekend shows, which air from 7-10am.
• Be responsible for setting up guests, produce and/or commission packages for each show.
• Plan shoots, book cameras, research and set up subjects to be interviewed.
• Prepare rundowns for live crossings, guests, live feeds, organise SNG’s and other live crossings into the show.
• Keep abreast of South African and global news and current affairs news.
• Conduct research on programme topics.
• Check electronic media, social media and articles of interest.
• Check archives for specified and appropriate visuals.
• Select relevant and appropriate guests for particular topics/issues.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a breaking news environment.
• Good understanding of newsroom operating systems.
• Minimum of 5 years journalism experience with at least 3 years television production experience.
• Diploma/Degree in Journalism and/or media studies.
Competency, Skills and Knowledge:
• Thorough understanding Of South African and global news and current affairs.
• Good understanding of TV news production.
• Ability to conduct Research.
• Strong writing skills.
• Functional knowledge of broadcasting technology and control room operations.
• Good editorial judgement and interpretational skills.
• Must be enthusiastic and deadline driven.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Must be meticulous, accurate and passionate.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet regular deadlines.
• Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
How to apply
If you meet the minimum requirements, you can submit the following to email@example.com
• Your CV
• A certified copy of your ID
• A certified copy of your Qualifications
• Completed Application Form, which you'll find here: Job Application Form
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 9 August 2018
If you haven't received a response within 14 days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.