SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE
SIGN IN SEARCH MENU
SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE

script development

Mfundo Mpo
18 Jul 2017 14:47 Posted in Lungelo Dhladhla

Hi sisi. My name is Mfundo. East London, Eastern Cape. I listened to you on SAfm with Rowena on the 7th after 11am. When I heard you talk, my heart beat faster. I said to myself, 'this could be it, the help I so desperately seek. I have these four mind-blowing short stories that I strongly believe, when developed to short films, would blow the viewers' minds away. Besides my belief, it's the view of the people who read the stories, who couldn't wait to watch them. It's horror fiction, set in Mdantsane and Mthatha, about the dark side of life, known as witchcraft, which victimizes us black folk in the townships and the villages of Mzantsi on a daily basis. It doesn't end there sis Lungelo, proof how desperate I am. In 2015 I sent an email to John Wani, of SAGMP, telling him about the film script that I had. He asked me send him a synopsis. I sent him a 3 page synopsis and a 7 page treatment. When he asked me to send the entire script, the smell of big bucks started filling my nostrils. I had to. I'm not gonna lie and say it's about talent, therefore I'm not desperate. For me it's all about money, and more money. I wrote these stories to get paid first, and then entertainment afterwards. I mean really, to ask for the whole script after having read the description of the story said it all. I sent the script, never mentioning that I had no previous experience in screen play writing, nor l have I trained as screen play writer. I wrote the script armed with passion to write to entertain, and let my imagination go wild. 47 scenes later, what I considered a blockbuster, was finished. It was a horror fiction, called POSSESSED, set in Mdantsane, about a guy called Chris, who went to the extreme to save his shaky love affair with his girl, Andiswa, and succeeded, by enlisting the help of a mental condition called the BRS, which split his personality into two. Well, well, well, you know that thing about counting chickens before they are hatched. That thing shattered my dream. John Wani was truly impressed and said it was a great story. But he sent it back. He said the format was not standard, which made it very difficult to read. So now I have decided to change it to a raw narrative format , in order for it to be developed to a proper screen play. Please sis Lungelo help me. Anything you say goes. While I am busy changing the face of the script, I would love to send you the synopsis and treatment. Please sisi help me. I have more ideas for this kind of genre.

NandiMorakile
26 Jul 2017 12:27

i really hope they will give you a chance

Only TVSA members can reply to this thread. Click here to login or register.

LATEST ARTICLES

No signatures on the dotted line for Generations: The Legacy Season 10

Season 9 was extended last year and Season 10 should start this May but it's a case of 2019 déjà vu.

Generations: The Legacy Teasers - May 2024

Season 10 premiere! (Hopefully) Things go from bad to worse for Minnie and the proposal for Ezweni’s new CEO causes ructions.

Lost in Love Teasers - May 2024

As Ishaan's feelings for Savi deepen, an old flame reappears in his life.

Strings of Love Teasers - May 2024

Romi professes his love for Sahiba and traps her inside the library.

Doodsondes 5 Teasers - May 2024

Cagatay makes his choice of who he wants. And Yildiz realises that Dogan and Kumru are hiding something about their past.

Faltu Teasers - May 2024

Series finale! Ayaan dedicates himself to realising Faltu's dream of becoming a cricketer.

New on TV today: Wednesday 24 April

A new season of Fargo launches on M-Net as ID takes you inside Late Night Lockup.

Smoke & Mirrors 2 Teasers - May 2024

Thandiswa finds herself trapped inside a funeral casket. Her cries for help drowned out by the mourners.

The River 5 on Mzansi Magic Teasers - May 2024

The Hlophe nightmare is far from over and Paulina’s behaviour has everyone concerned.

Redemption on e.tv Teasers - May 2024

Series finale! Spirit, unexpected drama and trouble knocks at the door when Redemption reaches its final 130th episode.

LATEST SITE ACTIVITY

More activity at TVSA Central

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

You browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.