SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE
SIGN IN SEARCH MENU
SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE

Why we lost the Rugby World Cup

Tashi
26 Oct 2015 10:14 Posted in General Chat

I'm the furthest thing from a rugby expert but I'm 100% convinced that we lost the World Cup because of how we kept kicking the ball straight into the hands of the opposition.  We did it throughout the tournament and it made no sense at all!

If we'd kicked the ball into New Zealand's half but kicked it Out instead of sending it straight into their grip we would have had multiple opportunities of winning the ball back in the line-outs. It would have kept us in their territory and would have created so much more pressure on them too.

The way we kept kicking it up the middle of the field served no purpose whatsoever - all it did was tuck the ball safely in New Zealand's hands who then charged back into our half immediately.

At half time I was sure we'd change strategy after seeing that it wasn't working and yet we kept doing the same thing in the second half so they obviously didn't even talk about in their break.

It happened so many times that the game would have been different if they'd kicked it out instead and we very possibly would have won.

Only TVSA members can reply to this thread. Click here to login or register.

LATEST ARTICLES

Game of Lies Teasers - April 2024

Series finale! The rescue attempt gets underway before a final reckoning.

Gqeberha: The Empire 2 Teasers - April 2024

The Mxenge Hotel turns into a whodunnit. A gunshot. Murder. In which room and by who?

The Wife 3 Teasers - April 2024

Naledi’s sex tape sees the spotlight again and catches her in the headlights.

Skerpioen Teasers - April 2024

A torched boat, poison in wine and youthful memories die when Ferda tries to kill Ahmet.

Imlie Teasers - April 2024

Imlie takes Ashu to the hospital when he falls ill, but kidnappers attempt to abduct him.

My Desire Teasers - April 2024

Kaashvi clears her name and reports Pradyumna's bribery attempt to the police.

New on TV today: Thursday 28 March 2024

Season 2 of Dam premieres on M-Net and Grey's Anatomy 20 drops on Disney+.

Hlomla Dandala confirmed to debut as Caesar on Smoke & Mirrors Season 2

The past collides with soon in the latest on Hlomla's whereabouts.

Smoke & Mirrors Teasers - April 2024

Season 1 finale and crossover alert! Caesar takes Thandiswa to the House of Zwide for her wedding dress.

Smoke & Mirrors 2 Teasers - April 2024

Season 2 premiere! Caesar's dark suspicions unravel as he demands the truth from Thandiswa.

LATEST SITE ACTIVITY

More activity at TVSA Central

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

You browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.