SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE
SIGN IN SEARCH MENU
SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE

Oscar's parole conditions

Tashi
20 Oct 2015 15:29 Posted in General Chat

So Oscar's out of prison and in the cushy environment of his uncles home. I've been wondering what he is and isn't allowed to do and found this story outlining the conditions on eNCA's site: Pistorius released: parole conditions outlined

Interesting that they say he isn't allowed out at night because the first thing I pictured when I heard he was being released was him getting into a brawl in a nightclub. If people get aggro with him I don't trust that he isn't going to get aggro back.

As for the conidtion that he must Reeva's parents if they want him to... would you if you were them? It's obviously a mega decision for them.

Tashi
21 Oct 2015 10:06

! Yesterday eNCA had a story about Oscar's parole conditions and today the SABC says that the Correctional Services department won't release the details of his parole.

A story about it here: Correctional Services not divulging Pistorius’ parole conditions

So which is it?!

The eNCA story's very specific so it definitely seems the most likely. It's ridiculous that we have to guess which news story is correct!

I've been thinking about the whole situation for Reeva's parents and I've decided that I don't like how they've been put in a position where they've been asked to meet Oscar. I've just found this story which says that that the Correctional Minister is pushing for their reconciliation and I'm shocked:

Minister pushes for reconciliation between Pistorius, Steenkamps

How can an outsider possibly put these kinds of expectations on the family?? - he says he wants it as part of their "healing process" but he's not a psychologist who knows what's best for them emotionally. It's full of so much pressure when they've been through so much already. It's also made it all so public - that they have to "decide" if they want to see him and now everyone's waiting to see what they do.

Only TVSA members can reply to this thread. Click here to login or register.

LATEST ARTICLES

New on TV today: Saturday 20 April

Mike Epps is Buying Back the Block on HGTV and ID presents Jack Osbourne's Night of Terror.

My Brother's Keeper 2 Teasers - April 2024

Season 2 premiere! The Shabalalas head to Emaswazini and Nqubeko shadow-boxes with his guilt.

Isiphetho: Destiny Teasers - May 2024

Buhle faces an entrepreneur's worst nightmare as the restaurant's debt piles up. How will she pay?

Binnelanders Teasers - May 2024

Nicolette freezes during an operation. Yikes. And Annetjie's secret identity takes on new life in her blog.

New on TV today: Friday 19 April

Housekeepers 3 begins a run on Wethu and Kindig Customs returns to Discovery.

Two former Miss South Africa's in Duma Ndlovu's Queen Modjadji

It scares us. Schmodels in a historical drama - how "Method" will they be? But okay, let's not be judgy and see.

Elif 5 Teasers - May 2024

Melek's had enough of Figen's insults. Is she honest about it? Yes! When you need to fight you must fight.

Chrysalis 2 Teasers - May 2024

Nalan shoots her magazine cover and her style has completely changed.

New on TV today: Thursday 18 April 2024

More Plaasjapies pitch up on kykNET and BBC Earth travels Ancient Egypt by Train.

17 shows with Mzansi in the title - name them!

So you consider yourself a big stuff TV buff? Let's see. Take the test.

LATEST SITE ACTIVITY

More activity at TVSA Central

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

You browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.