Go to homepage

Welcome to the TVSA Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   TVSA Forums > Sci-Fi/Fantasy > Off Air Sci-Fi Shows > Jekyll

Old 1st September 2008, 10:19
Administrator

Default Jekyll

This is starting tomorrow (Tuesday) on BBC Entertainment (the revamped version of BBC Prime, see here for more details).

It's a modern take on the Jekyll and Hyde story, and I thought it was brilliant. It was written by Steven Moffat, a name Doctor Who fans might recognise - the four Who episodes he's written so far (of which South African audiences have seen two) have all won Hugo awards, so don't just take my word for it that he's a really good writer.

I bought the show on DVD without knowing much about it, but the drawcard was Moffat as writer, and he didn't disappoint. It's a well-constructed story, with some clever twists and some pretty cool characters, including Mr Hyde himself - the portayal of the "Jekyll" (the character's name is actually Jackman) and Hyde character by James Nesbitt is superb.

I highly recomment the show, and it would definitely be a must-see for me if I had DSTV.
The Doctor: Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... ...Me.
Old 1st September 2008, 10:46

Default Re: Jekyll

Oh Good. I might be able to see it it SYTYCD ends at 8:30pm!!!!

Old 1st September 2008, 11:05
Administrator

According to the DSTV website, there are a few repeats. They seem to be on late at night though.
The Doctor: Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... ...Me.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:33

Send a message via MSN to Gerhard

SFX has been mostly kind to this show, which seems creakingly odd and old in its premise, but I'll definitely catch the first episode.