SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE
SIGN IN SEARCH MENU
SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE

Perving Mike Vogel in Season 2 (and other matters)

Tashi
16 Jul 2014 01:24 Posted in Under the Dome

How are you finding the second season of Under the Dome? I'm loving it ... espesh because of Mike Vogel.

I really enjoy what an easy watch it is .... the metaphors are fun to ponder and you can just sort of lose yourself in it

As per usual I've had moments of worrying that there won't ever be any explanation for the Dome though. I'm trusting that there must be if Stephen King's at the helm.

Tashi
06 Aug 2014 12:01

Such a pity but unfortunately I've lost interest.  

I still lurve me some Mike Vogel but I just couldn't escape the fact that nothing substantial happened by episode 3 or 4. 

There's so much good stuff to watch that one has to be ruthless so I've decided to stop watching. I'm not missing it so it was obviously the right decision.

Citanul
06 Aug 2014 12:46

I'm still watching it for now, but it's starting to feel like the writers don't actually have any sort of plan and are making it up as they go along.  It takes a lot for me to give up a show mid-season, so I might end watching until the season finale, but I might not bother with another season.  That is if it doesn't get cancelled, as I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in danger.

Tashi
07 Aug 2014 15:34

Yes, you're so right, definitely feels as if the writers don't want to get to the point because if they do, the series will have to end.

I've been investigating to see what's happening with it's future and there's no news on a renewal or cancellation but the ratings are dropping. The cast and writers are doing a lot of talking about Season 3 though - plans for it and what it'll be. The writers even say they have plans for Seasons 3 to 5 so they're obviously living under a dome too!  

This is the story ... it tells you whether Season 2's going to end on a cliffhanger or not so if you'd prefer not to know, rather don't read: Under The Dome Season 3 Set-Up Confirmed As Series Gambles On Renewal

Another about the writers' unrealistic plans: 3-5 Seasons Planned Beyond Book.

Citanul
08 Aug 2014 17:20

I've finally watched the most recent episode, and I think it's reached the point where I'm not to bother watching any further.

The episode featured a tunnel whose entrance was in the back of a school locker and which eventually led to a bottomless (or at least extremely deep) pit.  Just what the point of that tunnel being there was I have no idea.

And while the tunnel was being explored, there was also a duststorm which was somehow stopped by building a giant windmill.

I like the idea of the show, and it's possibly to create a good story focusing on the practical realities of being cut off from the outside world and the tussles for power between various factions.  That's what the book and the first season did, but I don't really know what the second season is trying to do and whatever it is trying to do it's not doing very well.  So I'm now out of the dome.

Only TVSA members can reply to this thread. Click here to login or register.

LATEST ARTICLES

New on TV today: Tuesday 19 March 2024

Curiosity documents the demise of Napoleon and "FBI night" returns to M-Net with three shows.

BET's Queendom companion pack

Pix, vids, production credits and who's who in BET's new local 18h30 or 21h30 show.

e.tv documentary investigates the Joshlin Smith tragedy

Shahan Ramkissoon goes to Middelpos, Saldanha Bay where Joshlin went missing on 19 February.

Muvhango Teasers - April 2024

Ring-ring. Manditi gives Matshidiso a chilling call and he wants more money. 500K should do it.

New on TV today: Monday 18 March 2024

Netball drama Obstruction shoots hoops on Mzansi Magic and S3 gets you to Ready Steady Cook.

New on TV today: Sunday 17 March 2024

HISTORY delves into Royal Murder Mysteries and SABC2 asks you to Listen to My Song.

Why Yolanda got disqualified from Big Brother Mzansi 4

Another housemate drowns in alcohol promoted by Big Brother, while Big Brother looks on and moralises.

New on TV today: Saturday 16 March 2024

The only new show tonight is the drama Sullivan's Crossing on M-Net.

Uzalo Teasers - April 2024

How do you detect an enemy? Mondli’s quest to find the mastermind brings out the worst in him.

New on TV today: Friday 15 March

Manhunt on Apple TV+ is a true story, as is The Sixth Commandment on M-Net and Death by Fame 2 on ID.

LATEST SITE ACTIVITY

More activity at TVSA Central

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

You browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.