Go to homepage

Welcome to the TVSA Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   TVSA Forums > Special TV Forums > Award Shows

Old 3rd December 2007, 14:54
Channel Surfer

Default Pictures of Miss SA Finalists

Miss SA Fininlist.jpg

Taryn Du Plooy is 20 years old and comes from Boksburg, Johannesburg. She was the MOTO Face of South Africa Fashion Week 2006. She is studying Fashion design and retail buying at Damelin. In the future she wants to create her own fashion label. If Taryn were Miss South Africa Taryn would place AIDS orphans, lawlessness, road rage, all forms of abuse, and living without a dream under the banner "Absolutely Awful

Matapa Maila Matapa comes from Polokwane. After matric she studied logistics at Vaal University of Technology. When she graduated she trained at Bosch SA and now works for Sasol Oil as a fuel supply coordinator. She is studying part-time through UNISA for a B.Tech in logistics. She believes the role of Miss South Africa is to represent hope and possibility to all South Africans, to be part of the solution to the problems facing SA and have something to offer and bring to the table. Matapa believes that Miss South Africa represents the beauty, diversity and values of the beautiful people of South Africa

matapamaila.jpg

[yolandinel.jpg]

Yolandi Nel is 22 years old and comes from from Cape Town. Yolandi attended Cape Town College where she studied Early Childhood Development for 2 years. She did her practical at Tafelberg crèche and she au paired for a year and half, looking after a one year old girl and two year old boy. As Miss South Africa she would place animal cruelty, child abuse, traffic, racism and crime under the heading "Absolutely Awful".

palesamasiteng.jpg

Palesa Masiteng comes from Pretoria and is 24 years old. She attended Technikon Pretoria where she studied Bio-technology but marketing is her true passion and she attended the IMM Graduate School of Marketing. She is currently busy with her marketing degree. She believes Miss South Africa is a diplomat for her country and her duties are to promote SA both locally and internationally. Her role is to positively influence South Africa by becoming a symbol of hope. According to Palesa Miss South Africa needs to be an educator, a mother (figuratively) and an individual that will positively motivate people. Miss SA is a symbol of possibility—a South African that truly reflects what this country has become and what it can still be.

lisavanzyl.jpg

Lisa Van Zyl is from Cape Town and is 21 years old. She is in her final year at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology studying Financial Management. As Miss South AfricaLisa would place ignorance, crime, the crisis in Zimbabwe, poverty and HIV/AIDS under the heading "Absolutely Awful".

raelenerorke.jpg

Raelene Rorke originally comes from Mthatha in the Eastern Cape but now lives in Johannesburg. She won the Miss SA Teen pageant in 2004 and Miss City Press in 2006. Raelene is studying a BComm degree in Industrial Psychology through UNISA. Raelene believes the role of Miss South Africa is to serve, inspire, teach and learn. According to Raelene, Miss South Africa's role is to continue to pave the way for those behind and learn from those that have gone before.

.tanseycoetzee.jpg

Tansey Coetzee is 23 years old and comes from Johannesburg. She attended Rand Afrikaans University and completed a BA in Corporate Communication. She believes becoming Miss SA is an opportunity to meet influencial people and change the course of your life. Tansey says that Miss South Africa needs to lead by example and get involved in society as much as possible; she should use her title to make a difference and be a positive respresentative for women. She must make the title work for her.
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:01
Channel Surfer

Default Pictures of Miss SA Finalists

Just Wondering do you think a bald woman can ever win miss SA
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:09
Channel Surfer

Default Re: Miss SA Finalists

This one was Miss Tanzania 2007,

TZ.jpg
TZ1.jpg
TZ2.jpg
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:22
Administrator

Hey, there's a Boksburger there. As a fellow East Rand hick, I feel compelled to support her now.
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:42
Channel Surfer

so i guess you are from boksburg ne?
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:47
Administrator

Next door actually. I'm from the land of Virgin Mary visitations, Benoni. No sniggering please.
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:59

Quote:
Just Wondering do you think a bald woman can ever win miss SA
I wouldn't mind, bald chicks are fierce! They would have to Prestik the tiara to her dome so it doesn't slide off though
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:09

Prestik her tiara?LOL.Why so few contestants this year?The others shouldn't even bother pitching up because the first chick has already won this.Raelene seriously needs to give beauty pageants a break.
Old 4th December 2007, 08:29
Channel Surfer

"Raelene seriously needs to give beauty pageants a break."

Oh tel me about it, i was thinking along the same line, she needs to go back to school, she is just everywhere, Jam Alley,Selimatunzi, miss SA teen now Miss SA gosh, she needs to give it a break
Old 4th December 2007, 08:32
Channel Surfer

[quote=Onkez;117137] Why so few contestants this year?

i couldnt put up all the pictures, there are 15 chick in all
Old 4th December 2007, 14:39

Agree agree about Raelene, all over the place that chickie.

Some stunning girls there, alas I've lost my interest in Miss SA a long time ago.

Old 5th December 2007, 11:55
Test Pattern

Palesa Masiteng and Raelene Rorke should give others a chance. Isn't one tiara enough already.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:59
Test Pattern

The Miss Tanzania Chick did well at Miss Universe. But I've yet to see a bald Miss Universe. WE all know that a flowing mane is a womans glory.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing
WE all know that a flowing mane is a womans glory.
Alek Wek takes exception to this comment.

Old 5th December 2007, 12:20

Quote:
WE all know that a flowing mane is a womans glory.
Ève Salvail disagrees most vociferously

Old 5th December 2007, 12:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
But I've yet to see a bald Miss Universe.
That's only because a Martian's never won Miss Universe.
The Doctor: Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... ...Me.
Old 5th December 2007, 12:43
Forum Director

Hey, were beauty pageants the first ever reality TV show?
Old 5th December 2007, 13:06
Administrator

I would say so. If you were to come up with a list of criteria that defines a reality show, beauty pageants would definitely fit.
The Doctor: Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... ...Me.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:51
Channel Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Palesa Masiteng and Raelene Rorke should give others a chance. Isn't one tiara enough already.

But its the same with Television, check out how these so called "celebs" hog the TV if they are not acting they are doing adverts if not that, they are on radio, if not that they are singing i mean really, are you telling me there is only one Unathi in the whole of South Africa.

i was just watching One Gospel, the same old faces and since when did Gerry Become a "Born Again Christian", ppl should get it through their thick skull Christianity is not just another religion but it is more of a life-style where was Christianity when she cheated, let me stop b4 Citanul breathes down my neck and lock this Forum

afro.jpg
Old 10th December 2007, 09:53
Channel Surfer

Big up 2 taryn....

But I still say fashion design is gud, just dnt knw if its gud enough for miss SA. Not that I am tryin to beta maself or dicing her FD.Miss SA shuldnt only be about beauty and fashion. She must empower herself into studying something hectic and something that will make her grow independently and dependently on herself, coz I mean fashion design is an easy way out for a person to obtain a qualification, 1 shuld at least hav a proper career then consider fashion D as a second priority. Its gud dat they offered to finance for her studies at some institution, I hope she makes something gud out of it…

Hav a supa lekker day
Old 13th December 2007, 11:54

I'm very happy with the new Miss South Africa, Tansey Coetzee, she's a stunning girl and I was rooting for her.

It was the first time I watched the show like in ages and I'm glad to see they decided to revert back to the old format, Miss SA alone and Miss SA Teen alone, I thought they had kinda cheapened it by combining the pageants, the way they did it now with Miss Teen being earlier was much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winners.jpg (77.9 KB, 10 views)