PDA

View Full Version : CSI 6 or no CSI 6, that is the question

Gerhard
28th February 2007, 11:36
Last night I saw two M-Net promos for CSI S6, which is supposed to start on Thursday. Both the EPG and the Dish mag, bless their little cotton socks, list two episodes of Stitch on Thursday, and state that CSI S6 only starts on March 15.

Anyone know what's going on?

:hmm:

six
28th February 2007, 11:46
Hmmm. Even the DStv website has it listed as starting on the 15th March. :Shrug:

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 11:48
Lets put our faith in M-Net since they are advertising it alot. I think maybe there was a schedule change or somehting. There has been no advertisment for a double episode of Snitch, although most guides state that there's just Snith @ 8:30PM, I think this is one of those last minute changes.

So yes, I believe this is M-Net not SABC, so CSI VI will air Thursday @ 9:30PM

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 11:52
On this note in the last month or so there have been numerous wierd M-Net happenings, which is leading more and more to my suspicion that M-Net his hiring SABC's old employees and they screwing up big time! *Tsk Tsk*

@ngel
28th February 2007, 12:03
There has been no advertisment for a double episode of Snitch, although most guides state that there's just Snith @ 8:30PM, I think this is one of those last minute changes.

So yes, I believe this is M-Net not SABC, so CSI VI will air Thursday @ 9:30PM

M-Net's latest newsletter says ther's a snitch double episode. So i spose the snitch scheduling was a last minute change.
I also heard a promo on mnet saying "pen-ultimate 2 hr episode of snitch".

So nope - no csi this week

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 12:15
So why are they still advertising the CSI premiere like crazy?! I give up with TV and thier Publicity Departments!!

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 12:17
Anyways very wierd to have a 2 Hour Penultimate Episode, maybe it's penultimate and finale together? Or is the penultimate two hours and the finale a normal one hour episode? Very very wierd normally they'll have it the other way around.

Anyways so CSI next week.

M-Net and all thier problems is beginning to beat SABC!! TSK TSK

Gerhard
28th February 2007, 12:39
I thought I had seen wrong the first time, but I checked again and the promo definitely stated this Thursday. Obviously the info on this is wrong, and now it's only next week.

More delayed gratification (as per Battlestar Galactica).

Just now they'll be able to do an ad featuring the viewers' poor blue balls ...

@ngel
28th February 2007, 12:41
So why are they still advertising the CSI premiere like crazy?! I give up with TV and thier Publicity Departments!!

I dunno. Are they advertising it on air with this week's date? Maybe it's just the usual hype (remember how long they advertised DespHouse for beforehand?)

Gerhard
28th February 2007, 12:43
I dunno. Are they advertising it on air with this week's date? Maybe it's just the usual hype (remember how long they advertised DespHouse for beforehand?)

The promo simply said 'Thursday 21:30'. No mention of which Thursday. Maybe we're supposed to infer it's only next week???

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 12:46
Yea but it started early this week so one can only assume this Thursday. But still it's wrong.

Speaking of Ads,

i've only seen Ads for Prison Break II and CSI VI anyone seen DH III, Lost III or Weeds II ads?

Gerhard
28th February 2007, 12:49
i've only seen Ads for Prison Break II and CSI VI anyone seen DH III, Lost III or Weeds II ads?

Series has been running promos for Men in Trees ever since it was supposed to screen last month, I think. :whistle:

Or the Lost II rerun on Series. Or Battlestar Galactica III on Action X.

Seems as if their marketing is totally arse-about-face of late.

@ngel
28th February 2007, 13:16
Hmm - mnet website also has the double bill mentioned.
http://www.mnet.co.za/

Spose there's a difference between Thursday at 21:30, and ThursdayS at 21:30.

According to the mnet full schedule, it's on the 15th - hey and desperate hosuewives is there too. Interesting...
http://www.mnet.co.za/schedules/default.asp

rory
28th February 2007, 13:18
Series has been running promos for Men in Trees ever since it was supposed to screen last month, I think. :whistle:

On the other hand, it does keep us TVSAers talking constantly about when it's going to start. So maybe they know something about psychology...

@ngel
28th February 2007, 13:29
Too true rory! :) :) :)

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 13:49

M-Net Promo/Publicity dept is slack. Last night for the first time, I saw "Vanished" promo, after 'Episode3/4' of "Nip/Tuck" was the first time I'd seen a Nip/Tuck promo, then we have "Men in Trees" promo which has been flighted since November, In January they changed it to 15 March, but continued advertising it continously. Reminds me when "Prison Break" first hit shores here in '06 how M-Net constantly advertised it. Now it's two weeks till "Lost", "Desperate Housewives" air and surprisingly I haven't seen an ad for one of them which is a shock and only started seeing "CSI" ads this week. Whatever happened to the good three weeks when channels used to advertise they shows, and yes I know I am wrong to pick on just M-Net cos SABC is worse!

Cloud9
28th February 2007, 14:27
...and yes I know I am wrong to pick on just M-Net cos SABC is worse!
Nonsense! Just because SABC's worse doesn't mean M-Net gets off scot-free. There's more than enough criticism for both the channels, no need to choose one.

They really have been shoving Men In Trees promos down our throat. I think they started with them in December.

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 15:20
They really have been shoving Men In Trees promos down our throat. I think they started with them in December.

Actually it started Mid/End November, and I'm tired of that damn song and her damn relationship and married problems! I feel like i've watched the entire season by just watching the 325 ads they've aired between end Nov - End Feb!!

charmed_dude
28th February 2007, 16:48
I just saw the CSI VI Promo now again-

"The sixth season of CSI starts Thursday at 21:30"

Im sorry when you say Thursday I assume this week!! Obviously there's miscommunication within M-Net!

Gerhard
1st March 2007, 07:55
I saw the same CSI 6 promo last night again. Sigh.

six
1st March 2007, 08:11
I saw the same CSI 6 promo last night again. Sigh.

Me too. And not a single promo for Lost 3 yet. :nono:

Gerhard
1st March 2007, 08:12
Me too. And not a single promo for Lost 3 yet. :nono:

The Lost 3 promo is ... lost? :hmm:

Luke
1st March 2007, 10:18
Update for you guys - CSI 6 only starts on 15 March, and that's Official. We asked M-Net what was going on and they said the following:

CSI VI starts on Thursday the 15th March at 21h30 – directly after the premiere of Desperate Housewives Season III at 20h30. We will indeed be screening a double-bill of Snitch tonight as well as next week.

They added that they hadn't realised the promo was wrong - they have now pulled it.

charmed_dude
1st March 2007, 15:02
I saw the CSI promo 4/5 times yesterday, including just before midnight on SERIES its everywhere. Great time to pull it!!

Ah 4 hours of Snitch coming up so they put DH and CSI together!

I saw a Lost promo-- not! hehe! Maybe they'll be like Nip/Tuck and only after 3 episodes start advertising the show!