PDA

View Full Version : SA vs AUS 1st ODI

OrangeII
3rd April 2009, 14:37
Australia win the toss (again) and elect to bat first. Haddin and Clarke open the innings for them and Steyn and Ntini will open up for the Proteas.

No Kallis today, he's still suffering from a groin injury. Ben Laughlin makes his debut for the Aussies.

OrangeII
3rd April 2009, 14:38
And third ball Ntini strikes!! Clarke is out caught by Duminy at second slip for 1, and Australia are in early strife at 2/1 halfway through the second over!

Citanul
3rd April 2009, 15:35
Ponting caught by Albie Morkel off Morne Morkel for 37. Australia are now 79/2 in the 15th over.

Citanul
3rd April 2009, 16:00
David Hussey run out for 18. Australia are now 107/3. Hussey seems to be developing a reputation as a poor runner, following the two run outs he was involved in both T20s.

Citanul
3rd April 2009, 16:06
A second run out as Haddin is out for 53. Australia are now 115/4.

Alexino
6th April 2009, 09:40
Hussey saves the day with a magnificent display of batting. Fast forward to our innings and the highlight for me was umpire Da Silva's weird LBW decisions.

I must agree with thoughts in the M&G article on the Wayne Parnell contract. Too soon to be given, they should have allowed the kid to gain some experience at first class level first among other reasons.

On an extra note, well done Hashim! This is what we need to see from our players. :clap:

Fingolfin
6th April 2009, 09:44
I must agree with thoughts in the M&G article on the Wayne Parnell contract. Too soon to be given, they should have allowed the kid to gain some experience at first class level first among other reasons.

He seemed okay yesterday...

Alexino
6th April 2009, 09:46

Agreed, I think the kid is brilliant. But far too soon, I mean he isnt even established at provincial level yet. I say let himself and Tsotsobe go into their franchise and learn the ropes of pro Cricket first.

Fingolfin
6th April 2009, 09:50
Agreed, I think the kid is brilliant. But far too soon, I mean he isnt even established at provincial level yet. I say let himself and Tsotsobe go into their franchise and learn the ropes of pro Cricket first.

They can learn that at international level too. We don't bring youngsters in very often this young - he's obviously got a lot going for him. I say bring him on. It's only ODIs anyway.

Citanul
6th April 2009, 09:57

I think he should retire right now - he's never going to bowl a better spell in his life. :)

On an extra note, well done Hashim! This is what we need to see from our players. :clap:

What's this in reference to?

Alexino
6th April 2009, 10:01
They can learn that at international level too. We don't bring youngsters in very often this young - he's obviously got a lot going for him. I say bring him on. It's only ODIs anyway.

I think the glare is a bit too much up there. The kid hasnt even lost form yet what will happen to him when he does? Also he is "learning" the game at an abnormal level, what does it say for the other young kids who are starting out in their franchises. Even worse, what about those who have worked so hard in their franchises to get a call up.

Unfair on the player himself, his peers around him and potentially detrimental to his development - ask Boeta Dippenaar.

What they could do is give him a T20 contract and leave him to play ODIs and Tests at provincial level. Dont follow Australia on this one.

Alexino
6th April 2009, 10:03
I
What's this in reference to?

Remember he walked after edging the ball to slip, there was almost no detection from the Aussies but he walked because he knew he was out. Excellent stuff.

Fingolfin
6th April 2009, 10:09
Ray Jennings says he can do it, so I am with Ray.

Alexino
6th April 2009, 10:12

Lets hope he succeeds, he is a talented player.

Citanul
6th April 2009, 10:49

Although Ray Jennings says (and does) a lot of things that no normal person would. :)

Seriously though, he is a talented player, which was proved yesterday, and let's hope that he's managed properly.