PDA

View Full Version : Best Show Of The Decade" Round 4 (R3 Winners): Survivor vs. Lost

Fingolfin
23rd July 2008, 15:34
The Great TVSA "Best Show of the Decade" Playoffs - Round 4 Begins! Come Play! (http://www.tvsa.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=12770)

Alex
23rd July 2008, 15:40
aka the chicken vs. the egg

six
23rd July 2008, 15:50
Oh Frak.

Come on Lost! You can do it!

Lizardking
23rd July 2008, 15:50
fek arse !

Cloud9
23rd July 2008, 16:02
:lol: This should be fun.

aka the chicken vs. the egg
Survivor came first by a full four years so it's the egg. Or does that make it the chicken? Should we have a poll where we vote whether the chicken or the egg came first?

jem
23rd July 2008, 16:08
Go Lost, Go!

Alexino
23rd July 2008, 16:12
This is a great one! Go Lost show your superiority

Fingolfin
23rd July 2008, 16:18
I would have easily predicted a Survivor win here, as it seems to have a wider appeal and is on a free channel... but I guess Survivor is just as 'niche' as Lost?

Luke
23rd July 2008, 16:20
fek arse !

Aha - a fellow Father Ted aficionado. I feel yer pain, laddie. A regular old Sophie's Choice, this is.

Alexino
23rd July 2008, 16:21
Im with you, unfortunately the numbers dont give us a true reflection of the popularity of the show. A best out of 100 would be much much more interesting.

Citanul
23rd July 2008, 16:23
I would have easily predicted a Survivor win here, as it seems to have a wider appeal and is on a free channel... but I guess Survivor is just as 'niche' as Lost?

Or it could be that the obsessive nature of Lost fans means that they're more likely to be amongst the first to vote. That would result in an early lead for Lost, but Survivor could still win in the long run.

Alexino
23rd July 2008, 16:28
Or it could be that the obsessive nature of Lost fans means that they're more likely to be amongst the first to vote. That would result in an early lead for Lost, but Survivor could still win in the long run.

Yes this is a valid point, and I think that is demonstrated by the few voters who actually take part in the competition which could all be one sort of fanbase for example.

However Im pretty confident that if given more a public stage the contest would be close as well.

Citanul
23rd July 2008, 16:29
Im with you, unfortunately the numbers dont give us a true reflection of the popularity of the show.

They give a good reflection of the popularity of the show amongst TVSA members, which is what we're interested in the first place.

A best out of 100 would be much much more interesting.But we're not going to get 100 votes. And as I said on the BSG/Survivor poll, even 22 votes can give you a good indication of the general feeling.

Alexino
23rd July 2008, 16:36
They give a good reflection of the popularity of the show amongst TVSA members, which is what we're interested in the first place. - Citanul

Even so. You actually telling me that there are only 30 posters on TVSA? Geez I wouldnt have thought.

Citanul
23rd July 2008, 16:44
Even so. You actually telling me that there are only 30 posters on TVSA?

No, but 30 is a decent sized sample of the regular posters.

Shakes
25th July 2008, 15:37
Tough, tough, tough... Sorry Jeffsipoo...

Alexino
25th July 2008, 16:23
No, but 30 is a decent sized sample of the regular posters.

May I ask how many regulars here?

Citanul
25th July 2008, 16:40
You may ask, but I'm not sure if there's any easy way to determine it. We have 60 posters with more than 100 posts, so I guess that would be an upper limit for the number of regulars.